We heard the recent news about SmileDirectClub closing its doors, and (unfortunately) we’re not surprised! Mail-order clear aligners have been known to cause irreparable damage to their patients’ precious smiles.
We genuinely hope that you haven’t been negatively impacted by SmileDirectClub mail-order care. As an experienced orthodontist, it’s reassuring to know that there is less risk of people experiencing smile-related issues in the future!
We want you to know that we’re here for you and your family, and we’re not going anywhere! We’re proud to be Augusta and Grovetown’s first choice for families seeking the highest quality orthodontic care for kids, teens and adults.
What happened to SmileDirectClub?
Here’s what we know about the SmileDirectClub bankruptcy, as reported by ABC News:
- SmileDirectClub filed for bankruptcy at the end of September, 2023, due to a near $900 million debt.
- SmileDirectClub has been sued for “unlawfully using non-disclosure agreements to manipulate online reviews and keep customers from reporting negative experiences to regulators.”
- SmileDirectClub has also run into a number of legal battles stemming from the health risks their patients have been susceptible to, particularly patients developing advanced gum disease and their “doctors” misdiagnosing cases.
In the last 3 years, the Better Business Bureau has reported that SmileDirectClub racked up a whopping 1,762 complaints from consumers!
What to do if you’re currently in treatment with SmileDirectClub
All you have to do is request a complimentary consultation with us, and we’ll help you achieve the beautiful smile you deserve – with safe, personalized, high-quality orthodontic care.
You and your family’s smiles deserve the absolute best. That includes highly-personalized care, expert treatment monitoring from a 5-star orthodontist, convenient locations, and flexible financing options with NO hidden fees.
Your health, safety and satisfaction are our top priorities. No two patients are the same – not their smiles, lifestyles, preferences or needs.
- Dr. Andrews creates custom treatment plans on an individual basis.
- At every visit, you’ll see your highly-qualified, personal orthodontist who knows you, understands your needs, and remembers the little details about you!
- We offer flexible financing options and create custom payment plans to suit your budget. We offer 0% interest in-house financing and accept outside financing with Lending Club. Ask us about our pay-in-full discount, family discount, and military discount too!
We bring you expert orthodontics for all ages.
Dr. Andrews has years of experience creating beautiful smiles for children, teens and adults. You can choose from a range of modern orthodontic treatments, including Invisalign® clear aligners and advanced Damon® Ultima self-ligating braces.
We’ll start with a complimentary consultation and free orthodontic exam to assess your current smile, then create a custom treatment plan that ends in your perfect smile.
Why should you NOT consider mail-order/DIY clear aligners?
With online orthodontics or Invisalign online (like SmileDirectClub), you are your own doctor. These companies will send you a DIY impression kit with a putty material that you bite into, then send back to the company through the mail. There is a LOT of room for error this way.
If you don’t bite evenly into the tray or the impression is damaged in the mail, the treatment plan they create won’t be accurate for your smile. This can lead to an ineffective treatment plan and cause serious damage to your smile!
SmileDirectClub and similar companies also say that they offer “lower treatment fees”; however, consumers have reported a number of hidden fees tacked on throughout treatment. The cost of risky, DIY clear aligner treatment can come out higher than the cost of treatment created and monitored by a highly-experienced, highly-qualified local orthodontist.
Choose Rogers & Andrews Orthodontics, a trusted orthodontist in Augusta and Grovetown!
The risks of ineffective orthodontic treatment can lead to a slew of issues involving your finances, your smile and your health.
Choose quality care from the start and save yourself the headache. Whether you’re currently undergoing SmileDirectClub treatment or are considering treatment, we welcome you with open arms (and smiles!) to the Rogers & Andrews family!
Request your complimentary consultation and free orthodontic exam with us at one of our conveniently located orthodontist offices in Augusta or Grovetown.